Get hands-on web development training on campus in a dynamic classroom environment.
Build a comprehensive portfolio of front end web applications to showcase your knowledge.
Convenient schedule: Study part-time through evening and weekend classes, allowing you to enjoy summer in the city, take other classes, get internship experience, or participate in research.
Web development is one of the fastest growing careers in today’s economy with a projected 27% growth rate by 2024.* NU Summer Coding Boot Camp for Undergrads is designed to help college students develop the necessary skills to tap into the digital economy while they are still in school and after graduation.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Students will learn a wide range of technologies to become skilled in front end web development.
- Students take part in skills-based training, completing projects ranging from simple HTML and CSS code samples to complex front end applications.
- Students receive support from instructional staff and benefit from in-class collaboration, working both individually and in teams on complex web development projects.
What You Will Learn
What Students Earn
- A certificate from Northwestern University School of Professional Studies showcasing your accomplishments.
- A robust portfolio of projects and web applications to demonstrate your mastery of the topics covered in class.
- A dynamic community of fellow web development students, building a professional network of like-minded peers.
About Northwestern University School of Professional Studies
Northwestern University is committed to excellent teaching, innovative research and the personal and intellectual growth of its students in a diverse academic community.
- What are the dates of the program?
- June 26 – August 30, 2018
- Classes are Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Students can expect an additional 20 hours a week of work outside the classroom.
- Can I study at NU Summer Coding Boot Camp for Undergrads while maintaining my current summer schedule?
- Yes. The program is designed for undergraduate students who are taking other summer courses, working at a summer internship or participating in research projects.
- How long is the course?
- Students will complete this summer program in 10 weeks.
- Do I need to have previous experience in programming before enrolling?
- No. While having some background can help, our pre-course tutorials will get you up to speed and ready to start learning on Day 1.
- Is the program open-enrollment and are there prerequisites?
- As this is an intensive and fast-paced course, all students must first meet prerequisite requirements prior to registration in the course. The prerequisites include an initial phone interview, a readiness test, an academic interview, and submission of your unofficial transcripts, if you are not already a Northwestern undergraduate student. If prerequisites are not met, students will not be allowed to register.
- What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in Evanston or elsewhere?
- We offer a part-time program created exclusively for undergraduate students to build upon their skill set and learn web development over the summer, while building their other skills.
- Students apply all of the knowledge they gain throughout the program on complex front end projects to create a strong portfolio of applications.
- Our curriculum is built based on the most in-demand front end technologies.
- I’m not a Northwestern student, but I am a full-time college student at another university. I will be in Chicago for the summer. Can I take this course?
- Yes. This course is open to any college student that is currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program at an accredited university. You will need to meet the prerequisites and provide unofficial transcripts from your school prior to registering.
- I’m not in college and only want to learn front-end web development. Can I take this course?
- No. This course is only open to students who are currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program at an accredited university. Explore and learn more about our other boot camp offerings here: bootcamp.northwestern.edu
Frequently Asked Questions