Remote Financial Technology Boot Camp
Learn FinTech in Chicago
The field of finance is evolving. Financial services firms, insurance agencies, and investment banks are increasingly at the intersection of data and technology, harnessing programming, machine learning, Big Data, and blockchain to conduct business. A fintech boot camp is a great way to transition into this exciting field, leveraging the tech skills you’ll gain to fuel your career success.
- Through hands-on remote classes in a convenient part-time format, Northwestern FinTech Boot Camp gives you the knowledge you need to move toward the financial technology industry.
- With a project-based curriculum, you’ll gain ample experience with a host of popular tools and methods such as Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain.
- By tapping into a wide set of career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching, you’ll be equipped to become employer competitive.
Learn Financial Technology and Analysis
You will obtain marketable skills, learning how these fundamental concepts are leveraged within financial fields from financial planning to hedge funds, as well as best practices for using these skills to add value to an organization. The competitive curriculum covers*:
- Time-Series Analysis
- Financial Ratios
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Modeling
Machine Learning Applications in Finance
- Algorithmic Trading
- Random Forests
- k-Nearest Neighbors (kNN)
- Support Vector Machines (SVM)
- Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Deep Learning
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- AWS SageMaker
Programming and Financial Libraries
- Amazon Web Services
Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Smart Contracts
- Consensus Algorithms
- Distribution Ledger
- Truffle Suite
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand related to financial technology.
Get Program Info
How to Apply
- Form Submission. Fill out our program interest form with a few of your key details so that we can get in touch with you.
- Admissions Interview and Application. Connect with a member of our admissions team for a quick phone interview to discuss the program in more detail, answer your questions, and talk through your goals. Then, fill out a short application that tells us more about you and your reasons for pursuing this opportunity.
- Assessment. Complete a multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. This is your chance to show us your logic-based skills. No prior industry experience is required to complete the assessment. If you pass your academic assessment (congratulations!), you are officially accepted into the program and able to move forward with the enrollment process.
- Financial Options, Deposit, and Enrollment Agreement. After acceptance into the program, you will connect with admissions to discuss which financial option works best for you. Once you’ve approved your desired payment method, the last step to finalize your enrollment is to pay your deposit and review and sign your enrollment agreement.
Start Your Journey. That’s it! You’re now ready to begin your program pre-work and prepare to start the boot camp.
Gain Real-World Skills
Northwestern FinTech Boot Camp takes a multidisciplinary approach to finance, fundamental programming, data analysis, and modern tools in cryptocurrency and blockchain. Those who complete the program can expect to be able to:
- Model future financial performance of a company using Python and financial fundamentals.
- Build an Ethereum blockchain and understand how transactions are validated on a distributed ledger.
- Understand both the uses and disadvantages of a variety of machine learning algorithms and their proper application within the field of finance.
- Leverage machine learning to determine lending preferences and how effectively a cluster of customers would produce interest.
FinTech Job Outlook
The fintech industry has disrupted traditional finance, bringing with it opportunity and advancement. As with the dawn of the personal computer in the 1980s, fintech is changing our lives permanently — and for the better. Whether it’s providing financial inclusion for individuals across the globe, or simply creating lucrative careers in a relatively new sector, companies that specialize in fintech are on the cutting edge of finance. And, with a projected 41,000 open jobs annually, new job opportunities for fintech professionals are very likely in the future.
Fintech jobs are projected to grow 6 percent by 2029, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Interestingly, the BLS ranks Illinois in the top five states with the highest employment levels for fintech professionals. And, Chicago ranks in the top three metropolitan areas in the U.S. with the highest employment levels in fintech.
In fact, annual financial analyst salaries in Chicagoland range from $68,380 to $115,880, with a median of $86,980. That is almost 4% higher than national averages. Of course, salary depends on a number of factors including years of experience, knowledge of in-demand skills, location, company size, and industry. That said, the mean annual salary for developers in the Chicago area is $99,820, which is higher than the national mean of $96,630.
Even better, fintech employment options are nearly boundless. Right now such companies as IBM, VMware, Deloitte, PwC, and Oracle are actively seeking candidates in the Chicagoland area, according to CareerOneStop. And, many of these positions offer a remote work environment if desired. Take the next step in your future, and let fintech fuel the career that’s right for you.
Part-Time FinTech Boot Camp
- 24-week class
- Classes held three weekdays from 6:30-9:30 p.m.