Become a FinTech Professional in 24 Weeks
The field of finance is evolving. Financial services firms, insurance agencies, and investment banks are increasingly at the intersection of data and technology, harnessing programming, machine learning, Big Data, and blockchain to conduct business.
- Through hands-on remote classes in a convenient part-time format, Northwestern FinTech Boot Camp gives you the knowledge you need to move toward the financial technology industry.
- With a project-based curriculum, you’ll gain ample experience with a host of popular tools and methods such as Python programming, financial libraries, machine learning algorithms, Ethereum, and blockchain.
- By tapping into a wide set of career services like resume and portfolio reviews, interview training, and 1:1 coaching, you’ll be equipped to become employer competitive.
Learn Financial Technology and Analysis
You will obtain marketable skills, learning how these fundamental concepts are leveraged within financial fields from financial planning to hedge funds, as well as best practices for using these skills to add value to an organization. The competitive curriculum covers*:
- Time-Series Analysis
- Financial Ratios
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Modeling
Machine Learning Applications in Finance
- Algorithmic Trading
- Random Forests
- k-Nearest Neighbors (kNN)
- Support Vector Machines (SVM)
- Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Deep Learning
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- AWS SageMaker
Programming and Financial Libraries
- Amazon Web Services
Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Smart Contracts
- Consensus Algorithms
- Distribution Ledger
- Truffle Suite
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand related to financial technology.
Gain Real-World Skills
Northwestern FinTech Boot Camp takes a multidisciplinary approach to finance, fundamental programming, data analysis, and modern tools in cryptocurrency and blockchain. Those who complete the program can expect to be able to:
- Model future financial performance of a company using Python and financial fundamentals.
- Build an Ethereum blockchain and understand how transactions are validated on a distributed ledger.
- Understand both the uses and disadvantages of a variety of machine learning algorithms and their proper application within the field of finance.
- Leverage machine learning to determine lending preferences and how effectively a cluster of customers would produce interest.
- 24-week class
- Classes held two weekdays from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Saturdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Applications Open Now
- Coding Part-Time 7/20/21
- Coding Full-Time 9/20/2021
- Data Science and Visualization Part-Time 8/16/21
- Cybersecurity Part-Time 9/7/21
- FinTech Part-Time 7/19/21
- UX/UI Part-Time 9/14/21