Northwestern Data Science Boot Camp
Learn Data Science
in 24 Weeks
Classes begin April 10 in Chicago
Work individually and in teams as you develop concrete, in-demand skills that are immediately applicable in the workplace.
Advance your skills and maintain your work schedule by attending class part-time, with convenient evening and weekend classes.
Complete projects using real data sets from finance, healthcare, and government sectors—allowing you to build a strong professional portfolio to demonstrate your skills.
Benefit from a wide range of career planning services to position you for success as you work to advance in your current career or seek a new challenge.
- Students gain access to a tutor network, allowing them to get help both inside and outside the classroom.
- Students receive a hands-on, classroom learning experience, conducting robust analytics on a host of real-world problems.
- Students receive career-planning assistance, including:
- Portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, technical interview training, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- Access to a dedicated Profile Coach and Career Director that will work with you throughout the program and prepare you to be Employer Competitive.
What Students Receive
What Graduates Earn
- A certificate in Data Science from Northwestern University School of Professional Studies, showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
- Graduates benefit from a Project Demo Day—quarterly networking event with local professionals to showcase their final projects.
- Continued one-on-one career coaching with your career director post-graduation for qualified students.
- A strong professional portfolio of projects that demonstrate your mastery of the skills learned.
About Northwestern University School of Professional Studies
Northwestern University is committed to excellent teaching, innovative research and the personal and intellectual growth of its students in a diverse academic community.
- When does the program start?
- Class begins February 4, 2019
- Monday/Wednesday 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Can I keep working while studying at Northwestern Data Science Boot Camp?
- Yes. The non-credit, part-time certificate program is designed for working professionals who are actively pursuing a career change or career advancement.
- How long does it take to complete the program?
- Students will complete the program in six months.
- Do you provide career planning support?
- Yes. We offer all of our students career support and coaching as well as resume and portfolio support, interview preparation, and experiential learning opportunities.
- Do I need to have previous experience in programming or data science before applying?
- No experience is required. It is recommended that applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of experience in business, management, finance, statistics, or a related field.
- What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in Chicago or elsewhere?
- We offer a part-time program that allows working professionals to study data analytics and visualization without leaving their current job.
- Students benefit from a robust set of professional development services to prepare them for success as they work to advance or change careers.
- Our curriculum is based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the Chicago market.
- Do you offer other boot camps?
- Yes. If you are interested in learning full stack web development, please explore Northwestern Coding Boot Camp.
Frequently Asked Questions
This program is offered through the Northwestern School of Professional Studies in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services Inc.
About Trilogy Education Services
Trilogy Education Services Inc. partners with universities to prepare participants for high-demand careers in the Digital Economy. Over 30 of the world’s leading institutions collaborate with Trilogy to help bridge the gap between employers’ needs and participants’ skills.